Learn to tame the beast! No really, let’s stay calm and learn how to safely operate the sewing machine.
This Sewing Machine Introduction is perfect if you either have tried to sew and all you wanted to do was throwing the sewing machine against the wall or you just got a machine and want to start off on the right foot.
Bring your own sewing machine, or if you don’t have one yet, use one of ours.
Sewing Machine Introduction means:
- Set up a sewing machine correctly & wind a bobbin
- Parts of the sewing machine & what they do
- Use of different needles and fabrics
- How to use stitch lengths & widths
- Why stitch tension is important
- How to sew & finish seams
- Machine maintenance to keep it running smoothly
- Fix common problems every beginner runs into
- 1 class / 2h
- Test fabrics and thread
- Use of the sewing machines in store*
- Checklist of what we’ve covered in class
- Sweet treats and tea to keep you going
- And of course a fun social outing while learning a skill for life.
*If you have your own machine, best to bring it with you and learn on what you’re using at home.
Needlefruit is a cat friendly workshop.
If you have allergies to cats please let us know and we’ll make the space cat free.