Want some ‘Me Time’?
This sewing class is perfect for you if you have sewn a little already, made a few cushions or similar and are familiar with the basics of your sewing machine. You can hold a seam line, sew around corners and make a bobbin yourself.
If that all sounds like someone said “There’s a lot of clink in the stuffer expander”¹ then join us for one of our introductory sewing courses first:
All The Basics
Come in, relax, enjoy a cup of tea with some friendly crafty people like yourself. Time for yourself to learn to sew and reconnect with your creative soul and make something beautiful for your little one.
Enjoy two, 3.5h classes on consecutive weeks where we’ll show you all the skills to complete this project during your stay in our bright, spacious and relaxing workshop.
These vintage inspired overalls are THE classic choice for playtime and comfort. Depending on your fabric choice you can make them playful or a bit more ‘dressy’ and the different design options make them perfect for boys and girls!
You can make them short or ankle length and the hems can be made straight or with elastic for that “bubble suit” look.
The straps have some extra length, so the Vintie Overall can grow with your child by simply moving the button. You can make them with all sorts of embellishments and different details once you’ve got the basic number down.
You can create clothing for your little ones that is practical but also very special and unique. Trust me once you know how to sew these you are going to make them for your friends children too hahah 🙂
Tools, Pattern and Fabrics are provided, just bring yourself.
What will I learn in this sewing class Brisbane?
- Improve your skills on the sewing machine
- Identify causes for trouble and how to fix them
- Work with a more detailed sewing pattern
- (Pssst! Adult patterns work basically the same way, so you secretly learn how to sew for yourself too!)
- How to sew pleats and ruffles, buttonholes and hems
- Become familiar with common sewing terms
- How to Press Seams properly for that professional finish (ugh! ironing, right?)
- Take home the cutest overall playsuit for your or your friends kids 🙂
- The skills to make unique clothing for your little ones
- 2 classes / 3.5h each over two consecutive weeks
- Enough beautiful fabric to make your unique Vintie Overall*
- A multi sized printed pattern and instruction booklet (sizes Newborn to 4 years old)
- Use of the sewing machines in store
- And a super friendly group sewing session, filled with laughter and chats 😉
I always have some chocolates, tea and water available for you too.
*fabric print designs and buttons will vary (you are welcome to bring your own if you have something you love)
¹“Cooking the books” Black Books (TV Series; 2000)
*Patterns designed by Tadah Patterns
Needlefruit is a feline (cat) friendly place and we have two furry friends visiting the studio regularly. Please let me know if you would prefer them not to be in the studio.