Summer is just around the corner, which means so are BBQ’s and Christmas!
Best time for learning to sew a denim apron!
In this sewing workshop you will make a functional and stylish denim apron with contrast straps and pocket. We can make the pocket in different styles to be more functional around the shed, kitchen/BBQ or artist’s studio. This could be the perfect Christmas gift.
You will need a little sewing experience for this class. Perfect if you have made a few simple things like cushions or similar.
Unsure? Book yourself into our Sewing Machine Introduction workshop before attending this class.
We’ll have some beautifully refreshing iced tea and treats to get through the workshop comfortably.
This Apron is one size fits most, knee length. If the lucky gift receiver is particularly tall, short or broad please bring a shirt that fits her/him well so we make adjustments if needed.
What will I learn in this sewing class?
- Quick sewing machine refresher
- How to cut & sew a full apron
- Sew on a front pocket (various styles available)
- How to attach straps and a facing
- Become familiar with common sewing terms
- Take home a functional & stylish apron
- The skills to make all your friends an apron for their next gift.
- 1 class / 4h
- Your finished denim apron to take home
- Denim & contrast fabric*
- Metal hardware (rivets and tri-glide buckle)
- Use of the sewing machines in store
- And of course a fun social outing while learning a skill for life.
*If you prefer to bring your own fabric, please contact me to make sure you’re getting the right amount and kind of fabric.
Needlefruit is a cat friendly workshop.
If you have allergies to cats please let us know and we’ll make the space cat free.