If you’re new to sewing with knit fabrics or new to dressmaking, then the Coco is the PERFECT introduction!
This classic design is easy-fitting (not too tight, not too loose). You can make it with boat neckline or a sixties style wide funnel roll neck, three quarter or long sleeves and turned up cuffs!
The gentle shaping at the waist makes it very flattering and skim over the hips. This dress is cuddly warm, stylish and easy to wear. Perfect Brisbane winter staple.
About the class: You will learn
- How to handle knit fabric with stretch
- Find the right pattern size and adjust it if necessary (the pattern size that is!)
- How lay out and cut pattern pieces and fabric
- How to read pattern and follow their instructions
- Hem Knits
- Take home a Very Chic Top or dress
- The skills and pattern to make another one and another on and another one….
- Your own original pattern and instruction booklet
- Use of sewing machines and all tools
- Lunch (beautiful Cafe Sandwiches or homemade pumpkin soup- depending how cold it is)
- Tea and chocolates, of course!
What to bring:
- Suitable Fabric – see below
- Sewing Thread (Polyester)
- Ribbon (30cm x 6-8mm wide) or staytape (I got some here if you can’t find it)
If you are bringing your own machine please also bring a stretch or ballpoint needle suited for your sewing machine.
Medium weight knit fabric with very little stretch:
Interlock knit, double knit, ponte di roma, or feel the fabric to check it’s not too fine or stretchy. Just ask for assistance in the fabric shop if you’re unsure.
2m x 150cm wide (2 ¼ yards x 60in wide)
2.7m x 115cm wide (3 yards x 45in wide)