This cushion Sewing Class Brisbane is for you if you have never used the sewing machine before or need a brush up of the basics. You can take this cushion sewing class on three consecutive Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings.
Tools, Pattern and Fabrics are provided, just bring yourself.
We make 3 cushion covers and take you through the basics of sewing a straight line, insert zippers, sew pom poms and sew buttonholes! Make your unique throw cushion covers and take home some stylish pieces of handmade home décor.
What will I learn in this cushion sewing class Brisbane?
- How to operate a sewing machine
- How to make a pillow cover in three versions (simple envelope closure, zip and buttonholes)
- How to insert a zipper (common or invisible, up to you)
- How to sew an automatic buttonhole
- How to sew on buttons with the sewing machine in five seconds (crazy, I know!)
- How to sew piping on a pillow cover
- Become familiar with common sewing terms
- How to Press Seams properly for that professional finish (ugh! ironing, right?)
- Take home a quick décor change for your home
- The skills to make your next throw pillow and refresh the look of your home in no time, yep!
- 3 classes / 2.5h each over three consecutive weeks
- your throw pillow patterns and written instructions by me
- Enough beautiful fabric for the project, a zipper, pom poms and buttons*
- Three 45x45cm pillow inserts (recycled PET filling made in Australia)
- Use of the sewing machines in store
- And of course a fun social outing while learning a skill for life…just sayin’
Fabric print designs will vary (Got something special? Bring your own)
This Cushion Sewing Class Brisbane is held at Needlefruit Sewing Lounge 7 Toolara Street, The Gap.
Don’t be. Or well maybe be a little. It’s your body telling you that you’re about to do something that matters. Sewing for the first time may seem a little challenging. That’s why we have a friendly welcoming sewing class for you.
Beginners are the best people
Starting something new is a sign you’re interested in the world and love life. Getting good at it shows you’ve got a strong constitution and that you rock. We recognise that beginners are the best. Faced with the challenge of learning a new skill they walk forward through the gates of knowledge and arrive at their destination thirsty for more.
Want to learn more?
We want to quench that thirst for knowledge. If you want to come back after this class we want to give you 10% off. Thanks for being a beginner sewist, you’re the best!
Needlefruit is a feline friendly place and we have two furry friends visiting the studio regularly.