This cushion sewing class takes you through the steps of setting up your sewing machine, explains what the different parts do and how to use the machine comfortably. We go through tips and tricks and how to fix the common issues that come up for most sewing beginners. This could be the difference between happy sewing and throwing your sewing machine out the window.
We make 3 cushion covers in this sewing class and take you through the basics of sewing a straight line, inserting zippers, sewing pom poms and buttonholes! Make your three unique cushion covers and take home some stylish pieces of handmade home décor.
What will I learn?
- How to use a sewing machine
- Making a pillow cover three ways
- Inserting a zipper
- How to sew buttonholes
- Dealing with pompoms
- Become familiar with common sewing terms
- The skills to keep sewing happily
- 3 classes 2.5hrs each over three consecutive weeks
- Beautiful fabric for your project
- Buttons, zipper and pompoms
- Three 45x45cm pillow inserts (recycled PET filling made in Australia)
- Use of the sewing machines
- A fun, relaxing work-space with like-minded people
- Your 3 new pillows, their patterns and written instructions
Needlefruit is a cat friendly workshop.
If you have allergies to cats please let us know and we’ll make the space cat free.