Loved the All The Basics Sewing Class and want to take your sewing skills to the next level? This class is for you.
This sewing class is perfect for you if you have sewn a little already, made a few simple things and are familiar with the basics of your sewing machine. You can thread a sewing machine hold a seam line, sew around corners. Don’t worry, we’ll do a little refresher of that.
If that all sounds like someone said “Please eject the bobbinator from the main machine” then join us for one of our introductory sewing courses first:
The Market Bag
It’s just getting into this time of year where the weather is just perfect to go to the local markets. A lovely morning spent strolling along stalls packed with local fresh produce and handcrafted goodies, while sipping a beautiful hot coffee.
To make the next market visit perfect, take your own beautiful market bag with you.
The bag is large enough to fit a good amount of groceries but small enough to be comfortably carried around all morning. It has a strap and hook for your keys, so you don’t have to empty the whole bag in front your house door to find them. The bag also has a zippered inside pocket to carry your phone or wallet safely.
What will I learn in this sewing class?
- Quick refresher on how to operate a sewing machine
- How to make a fully lined bag, with inside zippered pocket and key strap.
- How to insert a zipper into a welt pocket
- How to sew lining
- How to make your own bag straps
- How to make your own piping and sew it into a seam
- Become familiar with common sewing terms
- How to Press Seams properly for that professional finish (ugh! ironing, right?)
- Take home a beautiful market bag
- The skills to make all your friends a market bag for their next gift.
- 3 classes / 2.5h each over three consecutive weeks
- your bag pattern and printed instructions
- Enough beautiful fabric for the project, a zipper, a lobster clip and piping cord*
- Use of the sewing machines in store
- And of course a fun social outing while learning a skill for life.
Fabric print designs will vary (Got something special? Bring your own)
Lining – 80cm
Main Bag Fabric – 40cm
Gusset & Straps – 1.5m
This Market Bag Sewing Class Brisbane is held at Needlefruit Sewing Lounge 7 Toolara Street, The Gap.
Needlefruit is a feline friendly place and we have two furry friends visiting the studio regularly.